the images are generated in a free tool (not that i gona complain about it)
the battle system is unrefined and clumsy
rpg maker is not the best tool for shooter games not by longshot
the game idea is the best part
it is geting better by v0.21
1: Kisekae artstyle's basic, but the Harem Museum is a really nice touch, so I'm okay with it.
2: Combat is interesting, albiet easy to cheese by simply sprinting or setting Always Dash to "On".
3: There's way too many audiofiles and imagefiles included in the download; I guarentee the majority aren't used in the game itself yet.
Tip: When deploying an RPG MV project, there's an option that says "exclude unused files", I highly reccomend selecting it for the next update you make. That should really lower the filesize quite durastically.
4: It's not obvious when you've finished the demo; I spent way too long looking for the pickaxe when I'm pretty sure it's not implemented yet.
5: The puzzle room in the Mausoleum is a bit confusing, especially with its multiple combinations. I had to resort to actually looking at the game's code to actually figure out what the combinations were.
Overall, nice start. It's clear that love and care went into this. I'd like to see more.
I agree with everything purpen2665 said. Great idea, great that there's actually some content, PLEASE find a way to have a download size under 1GB
This game has extraordinary potential to be one of the big high class projects on this site. There is simply, a LOT to like about it.
1. The Gameplay is completely unique to almost anything I've seen on the site before. Yet it's extremely simple.
2. Everything is fleshed out (Which is a lot more than can be said about a lot of games on this site.) Everything has an image and actually has some progression as of right now.
3. The real time transformations are interesting concept choice for sure.
I also want to address a few concerns that other users have had with this game that I have had as well.
1. Definitely cut back on the custom BGM. While I appreciate the level of detail you're adding, it's causing an absurd download size
2. The transformations are well done mostly, but none really have any sort of storytelling flair that other games on this site have. The Game Over screen is the most egregious. Just having it immediately fade to game over without any context to our fate leaves something to be desired.
Overall though this is a wonderful game and I hope this project keeps going!
For just a concept piece of what the game could be I'm very pleased with what I see. Now having said that, it is indeed just conceptual as there is really only the setup plot and the bare bones mechanics of the game. To flesh it out, you could maybe add some events onto the island, such as maybe running into certain participants who want to work together to survive longer. Have some that betray you even maybe. Also one touch that would be great is dialogue between you and any defeated mages you beat. Something from them letting you know that they're ready to be your bimbo. On the flip side, as someone who always loves sexy bad ends in these types of games, maybe build out a few different Game Over scenes for the player of them becoming a bimbo in someone's harem.
In any case, this really is a great start with some actual game mechanics. Keep it up!