Inheritance has been in production since December of 16' With a lot of help from some very talented people (TheMadExile, Grayelf, Rfpnj, some artists from Hentai Foundry, and others) we have been working hard to bring to you a game that will present you a wide range of play styles and a host of activities to enjoy.
The game presents the player with an inheritance, a new home, and two slave girls. The slave girls are yours to do with as you please, you can continue the mistreatment they received before your arrival, allow them to go about their duties without interfeerence, or nurture and love them. Their fate is entirely in your hands.
As you can see by the sidebar, this game has a Patreon link. I encourage anyone who likes the game to check out the Patreon page and follow me even if you don't pledge. News about this, and my other projects, typically is posted there before being posted anywhere else. Pledges through Patreon not only gains you access to the latest builds and news related to this project, but also gains you access to news and updates of my other projects as well.
The game receives three builds:
Free Build: This is the free version of the game. This is one build behind the Patreon version. I encourage everyone to start with this build, then if you enjoy it consider pledging if you want to see more. Otherwise if you are patient, odds are a new build is just a few weeks away!
Patreon Build: One build ahead of the Free Build of the game. When a new build becomes available, the old version becomes the new Free Build. This build will always include the most recent content and features.
Cheat Build: The Cheat Build of the game is mostly the same as the Patreon Build. The difference is that in the Settings area of the sidebar will be a Cheat Menu that will allow you to adjust many of the stats in the game, including Relationship Values, Skills, Money, and much more!
Look at which version of the game you are trying to download. The latest build number is Patreon only and will only allow you access if you are a paying patron. The older link is free however and is only a single build behind the Patreon version of the game.
If the project interests you, please click "Like This Game" as a way of showing your support and interest. And should you feel so inclined, feel free to check out my Patron page as well.
I have disabled tags for this project. Too a large portion of the tag cloud had become nonesense and commentary about my choice of download hosts or post style. "Dicks 'n Butts" and "Muthafugga" are not only inappropriate, but only serve to make a mess out of the page as are all the other unuseful tags people chose to create.
After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate. With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.
Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you dont know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.
What do you do with them? Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure? Do you treat them like servants? Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . .
What's new in the latest Supporter Build?
*Wrote and added a new Master Bedroom scene for Eve. Requires middling or higher stats with Eve, and somewhat high stats with Anna to trigger. Appears in the evening hours and is a one time scene. Eve Interactive Scene 20. 1.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Anna that can play out in any room with a window during work hours. Requires very low relationship stats. Anna Interactive Scene 19. .4k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Misaki in the library. Misaki Interactive Scene 5. 2.2k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene to the Living Room for both Anna and Eve. Requires VERY high relationship stats. Anna and Eve Interactive Scene 5. 2.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene for Mitsuko related to the shower function. Requires mid/high to high stats. 2.3k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene for Eve related to the shower function. Requires mid/high to high stats. 4.9k words of content
* Wrote and added a new scene for Gaia at the pond on the mansion grounds. Can play out during daylight hours during the warmer months of the year. 4k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Anna that can appear in most rooms with a window during the afternoon hours. Anna Interactive Scene 20. 1.8k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Anna and Rey in the laundry area. Anna and Rey Interactive Scene 1. 2.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene for Misaki in the library for the afternoon/evening time range. Misaki Interactive Scene 6. This scene unlocks additional content. .7k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene for Misaki and Gaia at the pool during the afternoon/evening time range. Gaia and Misaki 1. This scene is unlocked by Misaki Interactive Scene 6 and in turn unlocks additional content. 1k words of content.
* Wrote and added a series of nine small scenes for Misaki near the pool on the mansion grounds. Most of these scenes include Gaia and are unlocked by Gaia and Misaki 1. There is a counter involved in tracking these, as Gaia and Misaki's friendship grows, which scenes you see will change. 1.6k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene for Misaki that takes place at the pool. Misaki Interactive Scene 7. 1.3k words of content.
* Wrote and added a fishing function for the pond on the mansion grounds. Includes three starter scenes, three casting scenes, fourteen core scenes (Three of these are related to if you have met Gaia or not, and which one plays is determined by your relationship stats with her.), and three endings that can all mix and match similarly to other functions in the game. You can access this function by entering the boat house where the fishing supplies are. 3.8k words of content.
* Wrote and added the Doggystyle Anal sex for Anna. First round of content. Six starters and ten core scenes, relationship determines which ones appear. 2.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new episode to the second season of Futa Apocalypse. 1k words of content.
* Added a scene involving Bubbles and Mitsuko. Takes place in the kitchen and is the third in a series of scenes. 2.6k words of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene involving Bubbles and Mitruko to the gym. Forth in a series of scenes. 1.7k words of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene involving Maki to the lounge. Fifth in a series of scenes. 1k word of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene involving Maki and Mitsuko to the Upper North Hall. Related to a series of scenes but not part of the set. .9k word of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene involving Maki and Misaki to the bathing room. Related to a series of scenes but not part of the set. .1k word of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene involving Maki, Bubbles, and Mitsuko to the Kitchens. Final scene in a series of scenes. 1.4k words of content written in a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Rewrote about 1.7k words of placeholder content for Eve's dungeon content. All seven sets of scenes should now have content unique to Eve.
* Added three new images to the Driveway location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added three new images to the Pond location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added two new images to the Shed location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added three new images to the West Yard location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added an image of Misaki to her intro scene.
* Added two images for Mully the fox.
* Fixed the 1st floor blueprint so that the pantry doesn't open up into the hallway.
* Resized a LOT of images to better fit the viewing area.
* Fixed an error with one of Mitsuko's scenes where it was triggering at the wrong time of day in the dining room.
* Fixed an error with one of Mitsuko's scenes where I had a typo in the code and most of the scene was throwing errors in the kitchen.
* Fixed an error in one of Gaia's scenes that would have been throwing an error.
* Fixed an issue where the wrong images were appearing for the Kennels.
* Updated the Special Thanks area 4/10/19. If you think you belong on this list but your name isn't there, please let me know so I can get it fixed.
* Wrote and added a new entry to Belle's Diary. It's toward the middle of the entries and all have been renamed to make it fit. .7k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new scene to the Back Yard location on the mansion grounds. Takes place during work hours during the winter months. 1.4k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new scene for Misaki to the mansion. Takes place in the evenings. Misaki Interactive Scene 4. 1.1k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new Hide and Seek scene for players who own Mitsuko. .5k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new "Work Talk" scenes for Anna for if you tell her to call you "Slave." .1k words of content.
* Wrote and added six start scenes for Eve related to the St Andrew's Cross in the dungeon. 1.3k words of content.
* Wrote and added three "Whipping" scene starts for Eve related to the St Andrew's Cross in the dungeon. .3k words of content.
* Wrote and added twelve core "Whipping" scenes for Eve related to the St. Andrew's Cross in the dungeon. 1.8k words of content.
* Wrote and added three "Ending" scenes for the Whipping portion of the St Andrew's Cross related to Eve. Also have placeholder content in place for four more. 2.9k words of content.
* Wrote and added the ability to play RISK with Eve. This includes a scene to unlock the ability to play, two repeatable starter scenes, three scenes for if you accept her offer to play, two scenes for declining her offer to play, and eighteen scenes that are randomized related to the board game. 4k words of content in total. Generously Sponsored by Matty.
* Added Season 2, Episode 1 of Futa Apocalypse to the TV in the living room. 1.2k words of content.
* Added Season 2, Episode 2 of Futa Apocalypse to the TV in the living room. 1k words of content.
* Added Season 2, Episode 3 of Futa Apocalypse to the TV in the living room. 1.2k words of content.
* Added Season 2, Episode 4 of Futa Apocalypse to the TV in the living room. 1.2k words of content.
* Added a new scene to the kitchen in the hour leading up to meal times involving both Anna and Mitsuko. Scene evolves based on Anna's cooking skill and is the first scene in the game that is capable of raising a character skill. .4k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added an extention to Mully's intro content to include his arrival at the mansion and to see some first reactions. .4k words of content by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mully in the Living Room. .6k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko that starts in the Dining room and ends in the Kitchen. Submitted Mitsuko Scene 24. 2.2k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko in the Back Yard during evening hours. Submitted Mitsuko Grounds Scene 2. 1k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for the Laundry area for Anna. Requires middling or higher relationship. Submitted Anna Scene 8. 3.1k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new interactive scene related to Bubbles in the library. Can trigger at any relationship level. .8k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new scene for Misaki in the Kitchens. Plays out during work hours. Submitted Misaki Scene 1. .6k words of content submitted by (Unknown, trying to figure out who sent it in. If it's yours, say something so you can get properly credited for your work.)
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko in the guest bedrooms. Submitted Mitsuko Interactive Scene 23. 1.4k words of content submitted by phalicobject.
* Added a new scene for Anna in the laundry area. Requires fairly high relationship stats across the board. Submitted Anna Interactive Scene 9. 2.2k words of content submitted by phalicobject
* Added an ambient scene for Anna in her servant's bedroom. Appears late afternoon/early evening on warm months at any relationship level. .9k words of content submitted by phalicobject.
* Added a small interactive scene to the servant's bedroom. Can happen at any time during waking hours. .2k words of content submitted by phalicobject.
* Added an ambient scene for Eve in the entry hall. Can happen at any time during waking hours at mid or higher relationship. .3k words of content submitted by phalicobject.
* Added a new scene to the Sauna for Eve. Contest Eve Sauna Scene 2. 3.8k words of content submitted by AbyssalEros.
* Added a late night scene for Anna in the living room, Requires mid/high relationship level. Submitted Anna Scene 7. 1.4k words of content submitted by Gil Lionaire.
* Added an interactive scene for Mitsuko late at night with very good relationship stats. Submitted Mitsuko Grounds Scene 3. .7k words of content submitted by Gil Lionaire.
* Added a new lunch time scene to the game. Requires that you own Mitsuko and that both Anna and Eve are sharing meals with you. Submitted Lunch 2. .4k words of content submitted by Gil Lionaire.
* Added an ambient scene for Rey to the greenhouse during work hours. .1k words of content submitted by Gil Lionaire.
* Added six new images to the Apples content for Gaia.
* Added three new images to the Kennels location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added three new images to the Stables location on the Mansion Grounds.
* Added one new image to the scene where you first meet Claire in Pendleton.
* Wrote and added the Pond location to the Mansion Grounds. Can reach it through the forest. Between the location and twelve small scenes for it, this location adds about 1k words of new content and will become the home of several new functions within the game.
* Wrote and added the House Boat location to the Mansion Grounds. Can reach it through the Pond location. Between the location and six small scenes for it, this location adds about .5k words of new content.
* Added a small alternate version for Rey's ad on the computer for if you've hired them.
* Did some rework to Rey's scenes, everything should be appearing when and where it's supposed to now.
* Had somehow locked out one of the four core Stargazing scenes. The fourth one should be appearing correctly now.
* Fixed a pair of errors in the scene where you confront Mitsuko over her bad behavior around Bubbles.
* Fixed a couple of misnamed links in Anna's Sauna content that was preventing players from reaching some of the content in that area of the game.
* Updated the Special Thanks area 3/13/19
What's new in the latest Free Build?
* Wrote and added a new Valentines Day themed scene for Anna in the Kitchen the evening before Valentines Day. Requires good relationship. 2.8k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new Valentines Day themed scene for Eve to the library. Good relationship and evening required. 1.8k words of content.
* Wrote and added a new location to East Street in Pendleton. Doggy Style Pets and Supply. between the location and seven ambient scenes, the location currently stands at 1.3k words of content.
* Wrote and added six new ambient scenes to Pendleton. .4k words of content. These are all Valentines Day themed scenes. About half of them play out between the 1st and 14th of Valentines Day. About half of them appear only on the 14th.
* Added two Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to West Street in Pendleton.
* Added four Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to East Street in Pendleton.
* Added three Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to North Main in Pendleton.
* Added three Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to Mid Main in Pendleton.
* Added three Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to South Main in Pendleton.
* Added two Valentines Day themed ambient scenes to the entering Pendleton hub.
* Wrote and added sight new smbient scenes to the mansion forest location on the mansion grounds. Eventually this location will lead to the pond you can find curing Gaia's intro. .4k words of content.
* Wrote and added one new interactive scene for Gaia Gaia Interactive Scene 3. Appears in the woods during daylight hours. .6k words of content.
* Wrote and added the ability to go Stargazing with Eve. Appears in Study and Library at high relationship values in the evenings. New function and all current content related to it is generously sponsored by Matty.
* Added three intros for the Stargazing. One of them unique to the first time she asks you to stargaze with her. .6k words of content between them.
* Added four core scenes to the Stargazing. 2k words of content.
* Added thirteen small scenes that insert into the core Stargazing scenes. .7k words of content between them.
* Added two small "Decline" scenes related to the Stargazing content. .2k words of content between them.
* Added a short extension to Mitsuko's intro. .3k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko at the Doggy Style Pets and Supply store in Pendleton. 1 of 3. .7k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko at the Doggy Style Pets and Supply store in Pendleton. 2 of 3. .7k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Mitsuko at the Doggy Style Pets and Supply store in Pendleton. 3 of 3. 1.1k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a Valentines Day themed event to the Kitchen in the morning hours in the Mansion. Involves Mitsuko at any relationship level. 1.5k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added one new intro and three more follow up scenes for Mitsuko's Missionary sex position. The first is to fill the current gap in the intros, the others add more mid-range sex scenes. .5k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene to the Living Room in the evening for Mitsuko. All relationship levels. 1.8k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene to the Muffin Top in the town of Pendleton with Mitsuko. Requires good relationship to trigger. (Eventually I'll lock this scene so it only appears if she is following you to town.) .7k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added an evening scene in the Library for Mitsuko. Requires fairly high stats to trigger. 1.7k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a scene for Mitsuko in the gym. Can play out at any relationship level and appears either early morning or in the evening. 2.1k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added five more "Personal Talk" scenes for Mitsuko. This should fill the gaps that were triggering errors previously. .8k words of content submitted by Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new scene for Eve related to Bubbles in the Laboratory. Requires slightly good relationship with Eve to trigger. .8k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added five new ambient scenes to the Bathing Room that require Maki and Bubbles to be visiting. .4k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added one new ambient scene to the Library that requires Maki and Bubbles to be visiting. .2k words of content submitted by LFN Park.
* Added a new arrival scene for Maki for if you own Mitsuko. .7k words of content. Scene was a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added a new exit scene for Maki for if you own Mitsuko. .4k words of content. Scene was a collaborative effort between LFN Park and Irish Major Tom.
* Added the "Blowjob" branch to the Contest entry. .7k words of content by AbyssalEros.
* Added high relationship scene to the sauna. Part of the Contest Entry from our first writing contest. 1.9k words of content submitted by AbyssalEros.
* Hopefully fixed an issue with Eve's virginity not tracking properly.
* Had an extra line of code that was breaking some of the Maki/Bubbles content. Specifically the arrival scene.
* Moved a misplaced link in Anna/Eve sauna scene.
* Locked the first scene in Eve's birthday scene set so it now only appears the day before her birthday.
* Added a new NPC to the game. Mulder the pet fox. You can gain this pet through an event chain related to Mitsuko when you go into town. The only content for this character after purchasing it is a single short scene associated with stargazing. More content will appear in future builds of the game.
* Added one image to Mitsuko's intro in the Love Shack.
* Added one image to Maki & Bubbles' intro in the front yard of the mansion.
* Added one image to the Love Shack in Pendleton.
* Added three images to the pool area in the back yard of the mansion.
* Replaced the old Front Yard art with new images. Three new images.
* Fixed an error in Anna/Eve sauna scene that was throwing an error.
* Fixed two broken links down the handjob path of the Anna/Eve sauna scene that was preventing players from reaching a couple of small pieces of content.
* Fix for missing Misaki conversation.
* Fix for two of Mitsuko's night time sex endings.
* Bubbles and Maki visiting the mansion before you meet them should be fixed for future builds. You will need to either meet Bubbles and Maki, or start a new game in order to fix this issue.
* Fixed an assortment of spelling errors and other small non-game breaking issues.
* Added some information for people interested in contributing content to the game. Link can be found on the opening page of the game.
* Updated the Special Thanks area 2/11/19
I felt the need to comment since a couple of the reviews have said something that I don't entirely agree with recently.
It's been mentioned that there isn't a lot to do within the setting and that the game has content down one path but not others.
The first is untrue. The game currently has more than 100 interactive scenes and probably +500 scenes in total within the game, and is growing rapidly. For example, I received three submission scenes, wrote six small scenes, and write a little ofer half of a larger scene just yesterday. The game is growing in leaps and bounds. Recently I even removed some of the conditions for scenes to make them easier to find until our coding help can get a proper movement function into the game. As of the last time I checked, the game totaled over 700,000 words of content, so contrary to what the previous couple of reviews said, there IS a ton of content to explore.
The second is subject to opinion and interpretation. Up to this point in development, I've been focusing largely upon the "Nice" path for both girls, with just a little bit of content for the other paths. This is because I want to make the game playable, make it so that people feel as if there is something to do down the path they are playing. Just a couple of builds back, I started to add some of the darker content and am beginning to ease into some of that content. A game doesn't write itself over night, these things take time. You can look at any game of size on this site, production does not happen in days or weeks, it happens in terms of years.
And for the naysayers. When I began Wanton Cove, I received countless messages saying "It can't be done" "It's not everything you said it would be" "It's too ambitious," And other things. Even toward the middle of development I had quite a few messages coming in that said "It will never be completed." "It's too ambitious" "Just like every other game with promise, it will eventually be abandoned" and the like. Yet in spite of that, it's a complete game, I accomplished everything I set out to accomplish within the setting, and it is among the most popular games on the site.
Have a little faith, and if the game isn't growing fast enough for your tastes, then consider offering a bit of help. We're looking for people to help with the wiki, people to help with coding, and written content submisions are always welcome.
I hope you all have a wonderful day, . . . now I need to get back to working on the game!
A mistake on my end. The "Free" version should now rout you to a free build of the game. Sorry about the confusion.
It just seems to me that its unessessary and redundant on the grounds that the game is clearly marked as Patreon with a Support link. I've always viewed the tag cloud as a way of expressing the kinds of content presented within the game rather than commentary about the format, presentation, or commentary.
All of that said, you are right in saying that its probably not a big deal when one stops to look at it objectively. With some of the other tags that have been attached to my projects in the past, I find myself somewhat irriated at times when people post tags that are not relevant to the content in the game, and I apologize for calling you out about it the way I did. That should teach me to post late at night when I'm tired and lack my better judgement.
Was it really necessary to tag the game with "Patreon Advertisement"? (Yes, I can see who tagged the game with what, as can anyone else who mouses over the tags.) I make no secret of the fact that I'm making use of Patreon both to pay for art that goes into this (And my other) game and to pay my bills so that I can continue to work on my projects full time instead of having to work a regular job. The synopsis of the game right here in the database entry clearly indicates that this is a Patreon early access project, with the public gaining an update as new ones are released to Patrons. I even go to the trouble of detailing what people can expect from each version and what various pledge levels cost in order to gain early access and other perks. Tagging the game as you did seems a bit, . . . . redundant, . . . .
Thank you for the kind words, and I'm overjoyed to hear that you found the intro so moving. I hope that you enjoy the new content as it becomes available. The A1 build includes 4 interactive scenes with more in the works! Expect to see the game grow significantly in the next few builds as the content I've been writing over the last year gets added to the game!
Yes, the game still needs a little bit of balancing as this is the first build to include interactive content outside of the intro. Hope that you enjoyed playing the game so far!
Movement Test Build:
I've chosen to interpret it as "Game has piqued my interest. I feel inspired!" (Peeks at their profile a second time to see if there's any new release.)
Seriously though, I'm really excited about this project. So far the public response has been better, and more enthusiastic than I've seen for Wanton Cove in the past. I can hardly wait until the last few mechanical issues get sorted and it can enter active development!
Going to be honest here. I find your post cryptic and am still trying to make sense of it.
Concept 2 Build:
Any chance you can point out some specifics where you think the protagonist isn't consistant? I'd like to take a look at anything that seems out of place in an effort to improve the work.
I'm all for a bit of criticism, but without some context and feedback associated with it, its really difficult to make use of it.
Review is for A21 free
I like what they claim the game is, unfortunately that isn't the game they've been making. Like many games that split paths early on (and retain the split), the writer seems to be having issues with making content for all paths ( 4 paths: nice to both, mean to both, and both styles of nice to one, mean to the other). The game also suffers from a psudo-sandbox style setup, leaving you in a large mansion (aprox 30-40 areas), most of which have little to no content (5 or so rooms with what i'd consider beta levels of content, the rest have 0-3ish scenes, many of which have very specific path/time of day conditions). If you want to do anything really, you need to go onto the authors patreon, and sort through all the releases to see whats been added and try to figure out how to trigger the conditions for said event based off whats written (most conditions are fairly specific, and some occur in areas that the game outright tells you are not used e.g. pool scenes). To make matters worse, the author is either very hesitant to come across as someone who enjoys fictional accounts of slavery, or is outright uncomfortable with the concepts of slavery and bdsm (most content being geared towards being nice). The review prior to mine comments about this as well.
Transformations: There's a non-functional lab that hints at the future addition of some TF options and a few references to growth stunting in the past, but after 2 years of updates, it appears to still have no transformation. It's possible that there is a scene containing something hidden somewhere, but it's not a theme of the game by any means. It might be possible to argue corruption given how vague the term is, but the closest I can find to that is falling in love, which doesn't exactly fit my definition of corruption.
All in all, the game has potential if you believe the claims and ignore what they've actually been doing. It's possible that will change in the future, but they're essentially trying to make 4 games with the same framework (scenes work for 1 -2 paths depending on how any girls they involve, they rarely/never seem to make a scene and do variants for all paths). If you follow along and replay the game every release for a few new scenes you can probably get to know most of old content, then go for the new content based on the changelogs as new releases happen, but ultimately most people will get sick of grinding the same events repeatedly. As it is, I can't recommend this, it's basically a barebones dating sim with minimal erotic content, not anything they claim it is.
I feel like the poster just before me told everything from a professional, in-depth perspective, so I'm going to say a few things from the perspective of someone who invested ~45 minutes into the game. I want to be clear: I'm not writing this to be an ass, I'm writing this to try and help this game improve.
By the time I reached the "How to play" part, I was pretty sure that I'd have my work cut out for me to fix the two girls, so when I saw the books in the master bedroom, I jumped right in to dig up some info, though beforehand as I explored the interface, I bumped into the page giving links about IRL slavery, which I should have recognised for the red flag it was.
See, there are books and notebooks spread out across the fuckhuge mansion (using a map for each floor to move around would make things incredibly easy but I'm not a dev so it might not be possible), and the more you read (which was the bulk of what I was doing), the more you find yourself in having to delve into the memories of your sick fuck Uncle Dave. This is where, I believe, a major miscommunication and misunderstanding makes everyone's life unnecessarily difficult.
From the writer's perspective, which I'm only guessing at, they wanted to create a story that is not afraid of going deep into the psychology of slavery, or any particular detail of it. From what I've seen, they're doing a great job with that, for which they deserve credit.
From the player's perspective, there are two possible routes: either be nice, or be Uncle Dave 2.0. There is obviously no "both" option, since they are mutually exclusive.
From what the game tells you, most of the content is about being nice to them. I found it silly considering the stuff I read through, which is by the way necessary because this is a "sandbox" game, which in practice means you're in a barn full of hay looking for nails, just like in this game. Going in, you have no idea what's gonna be important or not, so you have to go through everything just in case. Strive for Power is a sandbox game done right: there's a story, sure, but you really just do whatever you want. Here, there is a clear roleplaying situation with very clear story elements that function as the bread and butter of the content, which pushes it toward an RPG and away from a sandbox game. I admit to have only scraped the surface of the content but I think that with such rich story, you really should stop calling this a sandbox game and just roll with having a two-route visual novel. I could easily be wrong though.
I'm sure you can tell what the problem is by now: if I want to be nice with the girls, I don't want to get dragged into the shitfest of hardcore slavery; if I want to use and abuse them, then I don't give two shits about how wrong it is. This is where the player and the writer reach an impasse: the player wants a slice of the cake, the writer only gives whole cakes.
Since this game has a Patreon, I'm guessing the makers want this to be financially successful, so here's what my nitpicking ass would recommend: if you need lab notes about lab stuff, use an impassionate lab assisstant's character (it fits the dehumanisation of slavery perfectly); if you want to get into how the personal relationships went in the mansions, use diaries left behind by previous slaves (which creates a lot of storytelling opportunities as well); when you have to delve into the Uncle's PoV, then keep two sets: one that is must-have information for both routes, and a second one for the torment route that only shows up if you go down that path. One way or another, you have to drop trying to tell people that slavery is bad: those who care already know, and those who don't care certainly won't be swayed without a first-hand experience on the other end of the leash.
Personally, I think that the writer has a very clear idea about the story but said story can't really bloom in a sandbox environment; I don't think you'd want (or should) drop the story, but I do think that if you should drop the sandbox, and set things up in chapters or stages (Harem should be a great example), and create content accordingly. This is more of a project management thing than game development but I think it would be a valuable perspective that could benefit both the team and the game.
The following is less review than a response / open letter to the current Inheritance version.
Please do not take the following as anything but a subjective opinion on what the game lacks and their hypothesized solutions. It is still a very early Alpha version.
First of all: Inheritance concept is great. I love the intro. I'll just smack you with the good ol' "It has great potential.™" saying.
You'll basically manage your day-to-day routine of exploring your newly inherited mansion and steer Anna and Eve towards fearing you, trusting or build affection with the PC through randomly occuring events.
However - it currently lacks a clear direction and goal you steer towards. There are some vague mysteries set and you can decide for yourself what path both girls will walk; but I'm left wondering if Inheritance will solely focus on managing Anna and Eve sandbox style or dwelve deeper into the backstory of PC's uncle and the world.
Anna's and Eve's progression so far can feel jagged. It's probably a biproduct of the fluid nature of the TF states you're currently going for. I do like their chemistry - though I feel that there's much room to explore with their relationship - to exploit or synergize.
Some sort of individual milestones / achievements for their training would be great that once set are hard to revert. Small details like never referring to the PC as master anymore, gestures like learning how the PC likes his coffee or new obedient stances / behaviors the PC conditions them to. Such milestones would enhance Inheritance with a RPG-esque element and provide small time goals the player may or may not work to.
Due to the free exploratory nature of Inheritance's concept grinding and large parts of non-content currently cripple the game. There are dozens of rooms desperately waiting for content. With no indication of what events and scenes even exist finding the well written - albeit given by their nature - generic scenes is tedious and enjoying all of its variations becomes a chore.
That's nothing new - most TWINE CYOA games face this problem where only experimenting and exploring may lead to new results. But it goes double for a "sandbox" game like Inheritance: The player takes greater responsibility to be even more thorough in order to satisfy their curiosity. I'm probably not the only one finding pleasure in exploring such story games to their fullest. Not giving a guideline on what is and what isn't twists my desire and turns it to a self-imposed grind ordeal. A journal noting timeframes locations and requirements to a greater or lesser extent would immensely help picking what is deemed worthwile by you as the creator for the player to experience while reducing their downtime.
Also I'm not fond of the way the game currently handles the passing of time and mansion traversal. Granted - the finicky and limited controls may be in part due to limitations of the TWINE engine. Yet I can't say in clear conscience I'm happy with the way things are handled - it's easy to be spoiled by the unnoticably convenient UI designs professional games offer. A dozen clicks to get from one place to another just feels to cumbersome.
It is likely most of the aforementioned critics get solved whenever a healthy amount of events are present. Afterall these factors in of themselves aren't critical but amplify each other.
If nothing else try the intro of Inheritance, decide if you like its concept and wait a few versions.
If you readily admit this game is a Patreon advertisement, then why are you opposed to that information being a tag?
To me, it's as if a game was an RPG, and then the developer got pissy because someone labelled it as an RPG. It's also tagged with "Slave" despite you already having that in your description, but you're not upset about that. If, for whatever reason, you are ashamed of what you are doing, then why not change your behavior? If not, why does it matter that the game was tagged as such?
>Yes, I can see who tagged the game with what, as can anyone else who mouses over the tags
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. It's inconceivable that anyone wouldn't know about an obvious feature like this, so I really don't know what you're attempting to do by explicitly stating that you know about it.