Pandemonium Classic: Unity Edition is a 3d version of House of Pandemonium/the Classic mode in House of Pandemonium - Remastered; which are both fantasy themed arena survival tf games.
This game includes some assets from House of Pandemonium - Remastered with permission from its dev (SaltyJustice); and also many from House of Pandemonium for which the dev (passelel) has given general permission for derivative works.
Alpha 4 patch 3:
- Willpower weapons (pendulum/pocketwatch).
Alpha 4 patch 1:
- Latex golem transformation.
- Cupid, Fallen Cupid and Bunnygirl (playboy style) transformations.
- Gun items.
- Vampire (spawn and lord) transformations.
- A bunch of hopefully-help-with-log-reading changes: pausing, an auto pause during transformations, a tf-cam with larger log + focused on your character (toggleable), a tf speed option and an alternate layout with a larger log section.
- Weapon attack ranges/arcs/cooldowns now vary.
- UI scaling.
- A few new rooms.
- Bee (worker/queen) and doll (all types from Chambers plus Pygmalie playable) transformations
- Minor AI improvement/cleanup
- Bugfixes and minor features (remedy now cures tf states/blank doll state; player sprite; names over character heads)
- Multiple mansion floors
- Large number of additional rooms
- Evil double transformation (new trap)
- Added Maid tf
- Made Dark Cloud playable
- Added some mid-tf harpy images
- The mansion is now randomly generated from a (currently small) selection of rooms
- UI graphics have been added
- Text log has been decluttered (particularly, messages from other rooms are no longer seen and floating damage numbers replace 'a hit b for c damage' messages)
- A minimap has been added
- Spawn weights can now be set for monsters and traps, as can game difficulty, combat difficulty and mansion size
- An inventory screen has been added
- A few other minor features, bugfixes
- Added Rusalka, Cow, Darkslave (with Dark Cloud), Podling, Imp tfs
- Added in the other two protagonists (Jeanne/Lotta)
- Lot of bugfixes and some minor features
Prototype 6 (patch 1):
- Fixed an issue with harpies being locked in place.
- Action cooldown bar
- Attack arcs
- Harpy, Golem and Rilmani TFs
- Added Pixie/Fairy TFs
- Added most items (trap items aren't in)
- Enemies will now dash
- Key remapping for most controls
Well it's HoP in 3D like dungeon crawl and it could be fun but ...
For a game based on transformation, you actually don't see the transformation happening to your character cause in 1rst person view ... It's a bit strange. The descriptions of the transformation are written in a console so small you can't really read it, and all happens so fast. To be enjoyable at least you should turn into some sort of vanity camera when you can't control your character anymore and something is happening to cause, cause right now i can't see the point to play the game.
Hope it will be fixed in future versions so i can edit this review.
Edit 24/07/2019 : The above have been mostly fixed and the author is quite reactive for bug fixing. That sounds good for the futur of this game.
Loving the extra content that's been added into this version of the classic mode. Great work and I'll be keeping an eager eye out.
It's really getting somewhere! The new rooms and map have hugely improved my immersion and enjoyment and with a full roster of monsters and players, I think the only way to go from here is to increase the ways the players can interact with the world. Right now they can only attack, or be attacked, but is there any way they can directly help one another? And any ideas for monsters fighting eachother?
Or even specific scenarios with bonus features! I can't wait to see where this goes.
the concept is nice, but it could use some allround finetuning:
- Get a better navigation tool, like a decent map. It's hard to navigate as it is now. Especially when as a monster you need a specific spot like nest/tube.
- Combat if it can be called that is just too 1 sided, your hits hardly count, mobs kill you very fast. Also there isn't a round count, so if you get caught flat footed you are usually dead before you can even face your assaulter.
- As a mob, players run way to easily making it almost impossible to fight/trans them.
- It could use some basic instruction manual on what does what, especially a what to do as a monster to transform your target.
Played and can see where this is going, not bad, keep up the work!