Hello! This is The Estate, a game I've been making in Twine. This is my first IF game, and has been an exercise in learning Twine. Expect some hiccups.
There are at least 5 planned routes, with 2 currently being actively worked on. Each route is intended to not only have a different story, but a different experience as well. Some parts of the game are a bit linear at the moment, but that will change soon.
This game is also meant to be a very slow burn. It's not meant to be a quick one-handed story, so don't expect it to be. The priority here is to tell a story, and the lewd bits come after.
Any and all feedback is appreciated! I respond to feedback a bit quicker on my Discord server than I do in the forum thread here.
If you like the game, please consider checking out my Patreon! Backers at certain tiers get access to the game a week early, along with a few other perks.
You are Zack Carson, who after leaving a college in another country, finds himself at the doorstep of a large estate. Why is he there? Well, that's up to you.
This update was largely focused on expanding and making corrections to the Inheritance Route. Due to some unexpected loss of time since the last release, I had to cut out some of the planned content. Players may notice there is still a lack of new content in the Maid Route. This is largely because I'm unhappy with what I have so far, and am planning to re-write the route mostly from scratch. This means new content to that route will be at a standstill for a few versions, but I am actively planning the revised content as we speak.
- Added several new passages to the Inheritance Route
- Added a few new images, as well as replaced a few others
- Made some more tweaks along the Inheritance Route
- Removed the last bits of the old time system
- Revised some code to hopefully avoid breaking saves going forward
- Squashed a few bugs from 0.4.0 and prior, including that pesky span tag that kept showing up in dream sequences
- Added new prototype version of Zack's speech boxes. It's only used in one or two passages, but if you can't spot the difference, that means it's working.
- You guessed it! Even more UI Tweaks
- God has cursed me for my hubris, and my work is never finished
- 7918 words added, total is now 53964
This update is mostly system updates. It's being released shortly after the last update to put myself on a new release schedule.
- A few new passages for the Inheritance route
- "Skip Intro" link now jumps to route selection
- Overhauled time system
- Reworked inventory system
- Saves now display current route and in-game date
- More UI tweaks (Major: Title font changed, new browser icons, discord and patreon buttons added to sidebar)
- 4520 words added, total now 46046
Also: There are a few small changes along the Inheritance route to fix a few details about the story. They start around the time Zack sees himself in the mirror the first time.
- Accidentally undid a blur effect on one of the dream sequences.
- Made several corrections along the new route. I ought to look into getting an editor.
- A new route appears! This one takes the story in a new direction.
- Made a few UI Tweaks
- 15490 more words, increasing the total word count to 41537
- Added a little more story to the Maid route
- Added a Skip Intro link for returning players
- Added a day count system
- Added slide-in notifications for certain stat increases
- Added backgrounds to all passages (with a couple of small exceptions)
- Made a few changes to the UI, mainly the speech boxes and sidebar
- Tweaked some images to fit a little better on screen
- Added a link to my Patreon to the starting page
- Made minor changes to some of the avatars and replaced a few images. Can you spot the differences?
- Fixed a typo caused by a third-party tool (no really, it wasn't me, I swear!)
- Maid Route: Removed an old link from the first night sleep sequence
- Engine: Temporarily removed ability to drop items from inventory. I don't have a way to differentiate between quest items and normal items at the moment. A more long-term fix will hopefully be in 0.2.0
- Added links to Discord and this post to the opening page
- Fixed a few issues for mobile users regarding the sidebar
- Small code changes and visual tweaks
For a game that's supposedly '50% complete' this only has the intro...
Anyway. The 'game version:0.5.0' is extremely misleading. It shouldn't be 0.5.0. It should be 0.0.5
Let me break it down like this. Should you play this game? If you like slow, detailed transformations, absolutely. The heiress storyline in particular is novel for this site and has tremendous amounts of promise.
Should you play this game right now? Maybe not. Right now, what's there is enough to get you hooked, and then the content ends. This isn't a criticism per say. Every game has to start somewhere, and what we have rivals the best on the site. This is the inherent problem with slower paced games like this. Making the time to properly set everything up and get the ball rolling is crucial, but results in a few promising but weak early releases. Keep in mind, the payoff for this is all the more vaulable for it.
The pacing is overall pretty great, and I'm interested to see how it will transition going forward. The story is solid, and sets up a fairly reasonable situation for all involved, which is rare. The player avatar, while simplistic, is expressive enough and won't bog down development by requiring complex renders later on. To my mind, this is far better than beautifully rendered portraits that slowly strangle the game due to the sheer time it takes to make them. The overall potential is sky high, which is why the current end of content wall hurts so hard.
Keep a close eye on this game. It has potential beyond most of the games on this site, even at such an early stage. If the content continues to be released in such a timely manner, this game will certainly be worth your time in short order.
This is a fine story with good writing, but be aware that there is no meaningful gameplay or even any real choices in it. You pick one of two paths, and that's it basically. The few "stat-up" messages have no actual impact.
Wow, this may be one of the strongest starts to a story focused game I've seen on the site!
It's very early days so there's not a lot to go on right now, but if the current quality of writing can be maintained it bodes well for the future.
In terms of gameplay, there's not really much to it; you make some choices, those choices change the outcome of an event slightly, and occasionally adjust some hidden background stats that will presumeably play a part in later events. It's simplistic, but works well for the purposes of the story the author seems to be trying to tell - and it's the story where this really shines.
There are currently 2 paths in the game: A classic 'maid' path, which will presumeably introduce all the typical play on power dynamics and submission that we normally see from this kind of story (not a bad thing!); and a rather more original path that seems to be turning the MC into a young heiress. I'm very interested to see where the latter path goes, due to the rarity of finding a feminisation story that puts the MC into a position of relative power.
I enjoyed what is currently available for both paths quite a lot. The maid path is arguably slightly further along and can have the MC in a maids uniform before the current content ends, but they both give a sense of what to expect going forwards. It's also wonderful to find a story where the premise is driven froward by encouragement and character motivation, rather than mindless cruelty at the hands of a master or mistress who doesn't give two shits the MCs feelings like so many other games.
This isn't a game for someone just looking to get their rocks off asap, but fans of well written, believable feminisation should enjoy it. I look forward to seeing how it develops and what other routes the author introduces in the future!
This game is also meant to be a very slow burn. Yes please!<3
and from what I've read and played you're off to a great start. Thank you for the amount of effort you've already put in this, it really shows and it feels like you're keeping the bigger picture in mind. The writing is really good and paired with the interface and images gives great immersion. If this is a teaser for what to come, I can't wait to get more !