In "The Claim", a shy young man takes on a summer job watching over a home. This turns out to be a less ordinary experience than he was expecting. He may choose to prove he is worthy of an astounding inheritance, but it won't be easy. Fortunately, he will get some help along the way.
About the game:
This interactive fiction experience follows an incremental/slow transformation format which is most similar to Gold Rush and House Sitting. Owes a spiritual debt to the whimsy of classic adventure games from the 80s and 90s. It's a Twine-SugarCube based HTML game with images. This is freely distributed as a purely non-commercial offering. Character portraits were generated using Artbreeder. Core experience paths get tested with puppeteer.
The core experience has minimal branching at this stage, don't expect more than 15-30 minutes from it. Explicit adult themes are definitely part of the story, but not a frequent aspect of the visuals.
This is my first attempt at interactive fiction - your patience with this humble offering is appreciated. Constructive feedback on obvious bugs, and upvotes on existing features you'd like to see prioritized for enhancement would be a great help. Please use the discussion thread for this purpose.
You should hold off if you prefer a game with more polish and depth, while I iterate on early feedback to provide a more well rounded experience.
This isn't a complete game, but has a wardrobe system+ sizable clothing options, tasks tracker, and a preliminary daily work/exercise system which is slowly getting more options/variety. A good bit of busy-work steps of the experience have been getting smoothed away.
The technologies in flight now are being assembled to shift the experience to a more open player-driven format towards big picture goal of proving self as worthy of the inheritance.
Key gaps pertain to filling in the overall story to reach major endgame scenarios, and improving the skills system to be more transparent and satisfying.
What to expect currently:
The first ~eight days of the experience represent the introductory act to the story, which is in a relatively stable state, with a pretty narrow narrative path.
At the conclusion of the intro, the player has limited freedom to work, shop, exercise and sleep. There's about another 8-10 days of events before story driven tasks and activities wrap up, which should conclude with an end of story notification. By about day 20, there probably isn't much you haven't seen, for the core experiences, at least.
(Work is underway to fleshing out and liven up activities in lead up to next steps)
Check the walkthrough page for tips on aspects which have been known to trip up folks on recent changes, or for beginners.
What can you expect to change in upcoming updates?
-Preparing game world to support first Intern "career" experiences away from the house.
-More daily variety with exercises (swimming & paid ballet lessons), work activities, Hair Salon
Version: 0.7.2-Preview (See discussion for link)
Preview build of upcoming features(Distributed on discussion thread). NOT READY FOR GENERAL CONSUMPTION. FOR EARLY BUG FEEDDBACK FROM EXPERIENCED USERS WHO READ THE CHANGELOGS. This exposes prep for 0.8.0 update, particularly hair styling mechanism and time representation changes.
* Introduce swimming pool location at Baldric House w/swimming exercise
* Add ballet studio location (No activity yet)
* Introduce Beauty Lounge location at mall
* Create pool location & ingress/exit links
* Assemble Images for pool swim exercise scenes.
* Block MarisCorp work during weekend days.
* Add more breast change events (Thanks to Mimi69 for help on that)
* Update clothing checks to explicitly allow for matched optional attire or nothing.
* Establish hair Overlay model (Only visible in Developer Notes > Contribution Section currently)
* Wire up renderer + test page for hair styles (Thanks for help from GwenTGFan on getting this started)
* Introduce player to status page when dropping off luggage
* Transition from simple numeric day count to concrete Day, Week, month cycle, to start supporting weekly event structure
* Factor Exercises to follow a standard template structure for new contributions
* Wire up Jest based Unit tests for Core libraries
* Add support for auto-switching swimsuit outfit
* Add Deterministic PRNG to support consistency of test runs.
V0.7.1 - Fixes of recent Player reported issues
* Polyfill String.replaceAll() for constrained/non-modern browsers which don't implement it. This error was blocking for some dialogue passages for folks using Internet Explorer or possibly some proprietary browsers.
* Fix formatting errors on Marissa's Personal Logs.
* Fix links from Marissa's Personal logs to not jump to console.
* Fix formatting error after some dialogue passages.
* Tidy up some minor grammar issues in text passages.
* Updated dev notes and start page to reinforce the importance of players reporting issues.
V7.0.0: Story expansion + prep for MC Hair styling
* Round out inventory of Shoes at Shoeboxx (Ankleboots, ballet flats, block heels, dress sandals, knee high boots, loafers, pumps, stilettos, wedge heels)
* Add task to Allow player to access a partial set of Marissa's personal logs at threshold + previews of corrupted files.
* 2nd bedroom encounter with Sue
* Define initial latex outfits for MC
* Oh no, 2nd Breast Growth Incident Morning Event! MC can still cosplay in boy clothes.
* Hair growth Milestone - morning event + Styling Tasks
* Allow wig-less outfits after player reaches girly hair threshold.
* Only allow MC to fast forward to Inner chamber, if wearing a feminine outfit.
* Allow MC to manually enter the inner chamber in any feminine outfit, not specifically the Final yoga outfit, as long as inner chamber was previously visited.
* Add "Ass" metric for body details
* Add "EstroMet" tracker for body details
* Expand variety for yoga + cardio exercise grind imagery
* Fix presentation of fractions.
* Fix Player profile image resetting to day 0 appearance
* Consistency: Change issue motivator plug to be given based on # of visits to Elliptical, rather than performance from elliptical training
* Enable of Save last outfit to game state + Restore outfit from game state
* Enable masked/partial undress of items
* Define item creation template in ItemGenerator +
* Update Developer Notes doc to address recurring topics
V0.6.1: Tiny bugfixes
* Fix shower error with makeup removal
* Fix transcription bug - Move sports bra to go back to bra slot, not underwear
* Fix transcription bug - Re-enable missing athletic shoes in item generator
* Prevent availability of outfit assessments until after player has visited inner chamber for first time.
* Refine player avatar transitions to appear slightly more quickly, but still at a reduced pace.
V0.6.0: The self-aware wardrobe update (Minor, mostly quality of life improvements)
* Add alternate messages for drone and warehouse work + automatic outfit switch text.
* Cover Chest soreness as a health topic for the computer
* Shift facial drift to be hormonally induced each day, not merely a consequence of on time.
* Add simple first-time wear message for babydoll outfit
* Provide a Mirror in basement
* Provide expanded hover images for clothing
* Provide declarative explanation model for why an outfit was or wasn't accepted + Expose as dialog from mirror UI
* Auto switching to Exercise Outfit if available
* Set up auto-switching of Work and Sleep Outfits, if available.
* Label clothes by supported Activity with emoji & tooltips.
* Stockings @ Covert - Populate for missing stockings item 41
* Refine message for chest sensitivity
* Fix up scaling of wedge shoes
* Apply Item sorting by ID not name in stores and wardrobe
* Major code housekeeping! Clean up of dead variables. Consolidate logic into appropriate modules. Kill off dead-end classes.
* Create metadata for clothing categories in internal Model to describe uses of clothes
* Generalize outfit recognition filters for casual, sleep, work, fitness, etc.
V0.5.0 Misc Minor Expansion:
- Provide initial HR onboarding for drone operation.
- Fill in more context abt Maristech departments.
- Introduce Player to Marissa's dollsuit after first day on drone ops
- Add blouses at Olddorf
- Add Turtleneck tops at Olddorf
- Add hoisery at Covert Natasha
- Add boyshorts & briefs at C.N.
- Add Babydoll nightwear at Covert Natasha
- Provide first example of bodily state indicators on status screen (Chest)
- Populate initial stock of heels & wedges at Shoeboxx
- Refine dildo use text for repeat use
- Fix verbiage for tendril to be specifc underwear agnostic
- Provide explanations for blocked sleep
- Factor mirror to be usable from Gym
- Fix exhaustion threshold to retain motivator "benefits"
- Warn about socks at door.
v0.4.0 World building update:
* Add womens formal wear store at mall + populate Outfits
* Define Covert Natasha storefront
* Add Yoga exercises
* Add lore around Maristech domestic services
* Add Department of Humanity registration interview for "drone operator" license
* Expose work skill levels from status screen
* Generalize exercise model. Track for cardio and flexibility stats.
* Provide "motivator-plug" for improved fitness endurance and gains.
* Increase chest sensitivity in presence of min hormone threshold. Bra no longer optional.
* Warn about shaving + Provide shave action from Mirror
* Provide new image for showering at day 10
* Block ambiguous outfits at front door of house
* Continuity - Introduce male name to sue at beginning
* Add positive feedback from Sue to female PC when player has been exercising today.
* increase player endurance with motivator plug active
* Add bra-requirement from increased hormone induced sensitivity.
* Track initial body attributes for weight, height and waist from status screen. Adjust daily based on fitness status.
* Wire up work model to wrap up warehouse job
* Give initial variable feedback at work & Gym
* Add conversations with computer and experience with Sue wrt "relief"
* Add arousal tracking for main character
* Add work productivity penalty and reduced capacity for exercise due to poor sleep
* Allow player to shower and launder from Mirror
* Provide click-zoom view for currently worn clothing & portraits
v0.3.1 - Newly reported bug fixes and Clothing experience improvement
* From the closet, provide the player with feedback about the outfit's effectiveness (after the player has reached the inner chamber)
* Allow quick toggling makeup from the Mirror, once the player has reached Inner Chamber
* Reject outfits as non feminine if there is no head accessory/wig (for now)
* Block library cleaning, until player has dropped off their luggage
v0.3.0 - Story Expansion + Quality of Life improvements (Less clicking!)
*Add shortcuts to bypass multi-hop paths between major locations (Grand Hallway, Bedroom, Inner Chamber, Strip Mall, Central Mall)
*Auto-Clean clothes when showering.
*Enforce non-removability of special clothing
*Implement the "Consequences" of Day 6
*Allow sleeping in the pod in day 7+
*Allow repeated visits to elliptical + work
*Block sleeping for mandatory "today" tasks
*Add Mall dialogue for added confidence on second visit.
*Block purchase of specialized clothing until player reaches a higher level of clothing tolerance (Racy clothing tiers/styles to follow a similar model)
*Treat swimwear as first example of "contextual" clothing
*Force extreme path of day 6 as the canon path for now, to allow for player to reach Open world phase of clothing tolerance 2. (Support of the more "reasonable" branches will come in time)
*Fix broken day 1 reference to main character image references
*Require task for shaving, before player can successfully learn.
*Add $ prefix on prices
*Expand status page to cover clothing tolerance
v0.2a.1 - Story expansion + Minor bug fixes (May have minor save compatability issues)
*Provide player character with their first "trainee job+daily income" at Maristech.
*Add Exercise room + initial exercise mechanic with repeatable Elliptical Exercise.
*Allow character to sleep after work and/or exercise after 7th day. (Purely mechanical, no story from there yet)
*Add first "experiences" in the pod for day 6.
*Provide high level background about what Maristech does
*Add HR Rep and Warehouse supervisor characters
*Provide basement bathroom+ Shower
*Make more subtle transitions of player portraits
*Stabilize for robin hood movie task order
*Fix for known occurrences of hard coded player character name use
*Fix for know file path issues
*Mirror - Tweak introductory experience slightly, to make use more obvious.
*Mirror - Fix for removing multi-slot clothing in all slots when putting on other clothing.
0.2a.0 - A significant internal update and preview of what is changing. (Multiple bugs were reported in early evaluation, best to wait a couple days for 0.2a.1 update to cover fixes from early testing.)
Note: Task tracking support and major refactorings break compat with savegames format of earlier versions.
Early Bugs: Linux/Mac os script loading is busted due to a case sensitive name issue on scripts/Version.js.
*Clean up presentation of store inventory
*Move Mirror to Player's room
*Add Task Tracker page + Integrate tasks in with existing experiences
*Provide red overlay for outfit items which are now removed.
Story: (No big story/experience additions yet- adding capabilities & cleaning tech side first)
*Add context about globe during dusting
*Require cleaning of theater + library on day 1
*Break up css to Sass
*Split code usages from twee
*Separate codefiles for maintainability
*Enable modular loading of scripts.
*fix image paths for dialogue
*Provide interface for sugarcube variable usage.
*Factor common player logic to shared functions
*Start validating save games for compatability.
*Populate store inventory at sporting goods
*Fix Reddit link which broke flow
*add html based Prompt + Stabilize Prompt for keyboard input
0.2.2 - (Streamlining the clothes experience)
(This version jump may contain inconsistencies from old saves, such as no saved outfits with new wardrobe model. No known game breaking issues. )
* No New Scenes, yet.
* Supplemental case Sensitivity fix for character images - Moved usages of profile images to strictly use lower case
* Upgraded clothing system to support creation, update, rename and deletion of named outfits with previews.
* Changed individual clothing change mechanism to only provide messages on first wearing of new clothes, and to only provide player commentary on first occurrence.
* Normalized location images towards ~600px width
* Cleaned up Inner Door logic to better handle wardrobe issues.
* Updated jogging cliffhanger message.
* Updated tests to handle Mirror-clothing system overhaul.
0.2.1- Key bugfixes
* Fixed bug where clean house wasn't triggering tiredness, and player could never sleep. Moved the day 4 "Clean House" action from the left side bar UI to occur in the Grand Hallway. Re-Tested flows to make sure the player can (watch movie, clean and sleep) or (clean, watch movie and sleep).
* Standardize image paths to all use lower-casing, to hopefully resolve any broken images arising from case sensitive handling.
* Updated developer notes section to provide link to actual forum page for feedback.
* Make init stage more strict + suppress presentation of in-game details on Left-bar, when viewing the Developer notes which is "out of game". (Fixes left pane errors when viewing dev notes)
* Defined Version Log page.
V0.2.0 - Initial public preview rollout.