Unfinished Business is a HTML game about regaining your lost strength.
You start out dead, not the best beginning but you will work with what you have.
Using you limited power and presence nudge the people who live in the house your spirit currently huants towards a more corrupt lifestyle. And as they grow in corruption you will grow in strength giving you access to more and more power.
Current content takes you down the first steps in your process but more is to come.
This is my first game. i hope i have done everything correctly.
Hi everyone, been a while.
Been slowly doing things for a while but had time to finish thanks to the lockdown.
I plan to keep updating when I can, as always, no patreon pay wall, will just put it here when ready
when to stop playing: second task with sarah done: james Shaved legs
It's remind me some russian game "The House" on QSP. Keep going
I like the polished look of the interface. Unfortunately, I think this needs more time before I can say much else positive. There aren't any divergent paths, and there is a lot of waiting.
I would like to make some constructive suggestions to the author.
1. For Quality of life, please line up your times. If I push rest until morning, I should be able to dive into activity right away instead of pushing "Wait an hour."
2. If event changes are every hour, then please do away with the "Wait 30 minute" button.
3. Making us push "Hall" just to travel to another room might seem like adding immersion at first, but it very quickly turns into extra grind for no reward.
4. As the game plays out, it's pretty much, "Choose the room with the people, and maybe you can do something, maybe you can't." It honestly plays like reading a book full of blank pages and being forced to wait before bein allowed to turn to the next page. We need more that we can do elsewhere if there are going to be events that don't allow us to mess with the people directly.
4b. There need to be more choices, more paths. As it is, it's very frustrating to see all the different choices and know that only one is valid.
5. Balance. In the beginning, you can't do anything without rest. Then suddenly, you never need to rest. Some progression would be amazing.
I understand that this is early. And I'll wait a few versions and try it again.
I have to agree with the bottom post here. While the game has potential, yes, the beginning is soooooooooooo boring. You can't do anything and when you FINALLY can do stuff, you can do maybe 2 things before you're too drained and you have to rest until Sarah comes home from work because... of course you can't do *ANYTHING* when she's out of the house.
It has potential, but it gets stuck in the same loop that a lot of these games get stuck in (day one, day two, day three...). Fortunately, since you're a ghost, you don't have to worry about eating or any of the other mundane aspects of life that some games force you to get involved in, BUT your ghost only has so much energy, so it still needs to sleep (meditate) in order to be strong enough to do anything. Then it's back to the basement to meditate again. Ho hum.