New Version 0.1111 Arrived! Part of media content reworking and added. Please, delete old version before unpack new.
See changelog. New game is required!!!
My apologies for too long wait. Background code requires a lots time and powers to good working. Also I'm got sick, in wrong moment, and could not save working rate.
Please accept my apologies for my English. I am not a native speaker and am still learning English. I will gladly accept comments about what is wrong in my speech or about the text I wrote.
This is text-based game with additional visual content.
Also this game as planed (and already contains a little) as openworld with many opportunities.
Game have contents RPG-elements, exploration, adult themes and more.
You start game when you registration in a new city calling "Dreamcity". You don't know what's you find in him, but you old life is gone and you old friend invites you to start you new life in new city. Which she calls him new home.
Soon you find how strange all around you in yours "new home".
And if you ask: "What should I do next?". I will answer you:
Find your way.
Make your choice.
Get your place.
Place In The Sun.
Please attention. I publish this game like "Concept" because I still working on many base gameplay mechanics and add changes in existing mechanics. Periodically that changes parts of dialogs, events, descriptions and another text in game what you can read. For this first reason I'm temporary removed some story passages and text from events. Second reason is spoilers. Some events talking about oppotunites what is not unavailable yet and only confusing by their description.
Soon (I hope) all base mechanics will be ready and you can play like was conceived. And this mean all removed story-line will be return.
Only after this I start publush early access stable builds on my patreon.
For now you can leave a comment, bugreport or just talk in discussion thread or discord server.
Discord server: https://discord.gg/e2NxfBV
Trello board: https://trello.com/b/kDaZBbAQ/place-in-the-sun-public
Thanks for reading and playing.
Need a start new game!
And some changes I'm forget write, but if working what does it matter, right?
Version 0.1102 - Hotfix
- Fixed "sumPay" error after start working in bar (described in this comment https://tfgames.site/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13157#p568436)
- Turned off debug message log and auto adding horny in bathroom (this is debug function).
First public relise.
Game overwhelmed with actions chat MC can do and that's a con. So much meaningless options and there is no way to know what player should do.
Still not interesting.
Before you proceed with game development, I suggest to reduce grind to minimum.
I got to that clean apartment thing and already wanted to turn it off.
Wathing porn in shower? That's funny idea. But there is no escape from it. It's dead end. Test your game!
The game obviously has potential, but there are some impediments that get in the way:
1) This is one of those games where understanding your choices really matters. For instance, the intro scene with Miranda is a problem if I don't fully understand what the choices are. It feels like you're choosing fetishes or deciding your path, but the English was bad enough that I only knew what I was choosing about half the time.
2) The game is really buggy right now. Some of the early sandbox stuff needs to be worked on. The house is your base, so I'd start there.
3) Also, I'm not quite sure why you're introducing the mom and girlfriend so early on. they complicate the introduction and muddy the set-up early on, so you either need to spend a little more time on them or wait to introduce them later. Many games have either had Mom join you later or meet the girlfriend during the game. A lot really depends on what role the mom and girlfriend are supposed to play in the story. Right now that's not clear. It feels like they're added just for flavor or porn content. Is the Mom or girlfriend supposed to be part of your transition? You really need to think about the purpose of such NPC's in the game.
Ultimately, the language part is something that will need to be worked on. If the translation makes it difficult to understand what you're choosing, you'll lose the interest of the players quickly. I would recommend either bringing a partner on-board to help with the translations or to choose a Visual Novel approach where you can reduce your choices to a couple of choices rather than as many as 4 per shot.
As a concept, the game looks interesting and depending on the fetishes you decide to focus on there's definitely an audience for it here.
This game has some potential, but quite hard to see as there is a lot to improve until proceed adding content:
But besides this shortcomings, this game has potential to grow to a really good game, but needs some love/improvement to be so ....