This game is a spiritual successor to my first game Roll the Dice.
For further explanation of the situation, please see the public post over on my Patreon page, where I go into detail as to what, why, and when is happening with this game and Roll the Dice.
There are 3 different sex scenes in the game at the moment and additional contextual lewdness if you have sharp eyes!
I hope you give this one a chance and love it at least half as much as I loved working on it.
WARNING ON THE ONLINE VERSION:
allow up to one minute for loading, if the game does not load till then your internet is too slow or my server is on fire
Thank you for your continuing support.
Princess Tali is an aspiring Elven sorceress, in line to inherit her father's kingdom. Many things need to be taken care of... suitable marriage, tutoring, combat training...
Her younger step-brother Varion, an incredibly talented child, seems to eclipse her in every way. A pivotal moment comes when Princess hears about an ancient ritual,
that would make her eligible for a different life...
- Fix to Castle Night scene after dropping off Varion
- Fix to Twin Houses event driver
- Succubus Fight tweaks:
Succubus got severe weakness to Light damage
Reduced Succubus HP from 1400 to 666 (Hilarious, I know) (Also keep in mind the damage shown to player is the raw damage prior to reductions by armor)
Significantly Reduced the rate at which Succubus uses Blood Suck
Decreased Her Magic Defense by 20%
Tweaks to the final scene
- Fixed a soft-lock issue in the succubus scene
- Fixed an unintentional switch issue that allowed the player to leave the room without talking to Varion
- Other minor bug fixes
- Revamp of the light engine to allow for smooth transitions between different parts of the day
- A clock system that divides each day into 10 stages, which will, later on, be progressed through by player actions rather than time passing by
- A proximity-based sound engine that pinpoints both player and sound origin location, adjusting the volume accordingly
- New animation system that will work in web-build (no more crashes in web build!)
- Partial implementation of a new sprite system (still a lot of work to do on this)
- Backend code for implementation of paperdoll-based conversations (art assets still being worked on)
0.1.0 POC - This is the initial build of the game.
I'd like to start with the remark, that I usually don't like to play RPG Maker games. Main reason is that often you have to ckeck each and every book shelf etc. for secret stuff, this is annoying and not why I play games. In Tale of Tali, there is so far only limited need to do so, and I hope the author keeps it this way.
What I enjoyed were the references to the predecesor game "Roll the Dice" and the overall story.
I see the point, that RPG Maker makes it easier to creat content, but I'm quite sure, a quest like the neighbours would have looked very differently and probably much more exiting in html...
Atm I'm not sure if I'll play an updated version, all the running around, waiting on the dialogs etc.
You know a game is good when the only thing you can complain about is the save system. (l dislike the fact that we have to go back to the menu to load a save (online version, don't know yet about the download) and l prefer the "long list" format, rather then the grid we currently have, but thats just prefrence. Though, l have to amit, it helps keep track of the timelines*.)
*Which thing to study with the preistss
oH, The game also freezes when a sex scene is suposed to happen. (No text, no movement, just music.)
I think this is a really great game that shows a lot of potential. There isn't much TF or sex in this demo so far but its really solidly put together. I hope Ohmega goes all in on this. I really liked Roll the Dice, and its unfortunate they aren't working on that anymore, but I think that rpg maker might be a bit better and easier to do what they were going for than Twine. Writing, characters, everything is solid. I would love to see the Roll the Dice content (and more added).
When "Play Online" I got this error:
For such a short demo and 0 budget, I really enjoyed it. Never experienced so hard but balanced fights in RPGM. If this is the work of just 20 days, then I am looking forward to more updates,