Welcome to Shifter V0.0.2!
Firstly, I wanted to say thank you for your support and feedback thus far. Seeing those likes on my game really gives me the drive to continue developing. That being said, this update doesn't bring quite as much new content as I originally wanted, and I am sorry for that. There are largely two reasons for this: One, these last two weeks have been midterms in all of my engineering classes, and I just didn't have all that much time to develop. And two, most of the progress was made on the back end, such as UI and coding improvements.
With all that out of the way, if you're new here:
Shifter is in a rudimentary form for now, as this is the second public release of my first game. My goal for this game is to make something that could be played at two speeds. If you want some quick fun to mess around with, just play through. But if you want to spend some time and get to know the lore/background, there's tons of info in the compendium to sift through. Plenty more content is to come, and please see the 'walkthrough' page for any help with progression. This game REQUIRES an internet connection as of now, however I plan on changing within the next few builds. A strong internet connection is recommended for seamless play. Thank you so much for taking your time to check out the game, and let me know any thoughts you might have!
• Image transitions don't work great on Chrome
• This build requires a restart
• Image loading can take too long
• Selecting the 'Find Miku' action results in a long load time
• Switching to Male custon form from Female will cause breast size to remain until passage is changed
You are a member of a sentient species of Shape-Shifting beings who has been charged with commandeering an axis vessel in a cold war climate– only the war is so much more than meets the eye.
The current main story progression is as follows:
1. Pick up the journal in the airlock, which leads you to Marissa
2. Find and seduce Marissa, taking on her form
3. Pick up the dropped note in the research lab, leading you to the engineers
4. Speak with the engineer, who directs you to the officer
5. Battle with Maintenance crew until picking up the perk 'hard skin'
6. Seduce the officer, then head back to the engineer
7. Attempt to seduce the doctor, then break into her computer (password is sphygmomanometer), and battle with Researchers until you find the right form
8. Seduce the doctor, unlock selective transformation
9. Seduce Sam after obtaining the sense perk
10. Find Miku
11. That is all the content for now, however extra time can be taken to unlock all of the gallery footage and custom forms
• New main story content: Added the Sam storyline, who is officially the last of the 'intro' bosses, and begins the first branching off from the main story
• Compendium-based story: Added the Miku storyline, the first non-main quest character, and the first story that requires Compendium reading. This will be expanded on greatly, and there are more to come!
• Male custom form: Added images and code for the male selective transformation, and with it, new options for the PC (ie. CB, Sissy, etc.)
• UI improvements: I vastly improved the overall look of the game from the bland, grey-black state it was previously in
• Code improvements: Shit's still janky as hell, but hey, it's my first game
• SFX improvements: I reduced the playtime of all buttons/links, allowing them to be clicked faster without glitching the noise
Great start, very excited for more content to be added
Writing is strong with good backstory there to read if you are interested. Interactivity is good with clues and items for you to find to help you with your avatar's mission. Images in the game are servicable to the plot, but due to all being linked off the internet sometimes they don't load if you're going through the random encounters quickly (code just doesn't seem to handle it, but they do get counted in the gallery unlocks). Transformations in the game are varied but all working off the human baseline: no furries here, etc in this space adventure.
Overall I enjoyed this alpha release for the introduction to the game and what was available. I quickly made it through what story mission there was, then spend the rest of the time trying to unlock everything and see how far the transformation scope went for my own amusement: it actually goes fairly broad right now on the human baseline but if you're looking for "hyper" transformations they're not in the game yet or never will be.
Keen to see more. Recommended.
Had no issues with loading images and had a good verianty of them. Game feels just a bit lacking in interactions, very straight foward right now with nothing outside the given tasks, looking forward to more updates tho.