An ordinary high school student named John comes across an object of immense power on an otherwise ordinary day. Will he use it to pursue his own deepest desires? Or will he and his friends be caught between forces they don't understand?
These kinds of content usually only make up brief portions of the game, but they’re worth mentioning here.
Please view the download thread for other/miscellaneous downloads.
For detailed version notes, please see the dedicated changelog thread on the forum.
Now with 600.000 words!
At immediate glance, the New Jane/johnGB_legacy split
April Fools jokes are fun on 1st April. When they're still hanging around on the 4th April they're just a pain in the ass. Time to put the real game back at the top of the download options.
4.1 ENHANCED is a success to the authors....as it seems some people can't figure out the following:
4.1 = April 1 particularly when the current version of the game 4.6
When the download link is there with other April Fool's versions.
Great job still getting suckers to complain. *CLAP CLAP CLAP*
While normally a good game that I tend to have a lot of applause for, what they have done to enhance a previous version of the game is appalling. It offers no real choices, two of the three choices that you're given very quickly (There's virtually no introduction in this edition of the game, I don't know why they decided to skip to day 40-something,) are almost immediate endings. All in all, you're more likely to find more content in some of the scenarios other people have come up with. I don't know why they decided to cut 98% of the already implemented content, but they have. It's turned from a great game into an awful one.
... Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that this "Enhanced" version was released on April Fool's day.
In all seriousness though, when they're not releasing joke versions of the game, this game is top notch. It has a place on the most popular games list on the forums, and it's spot is well earned. The writing is phenomenal, and if you like body swap, gender changes, and mental changes, you're likely to love this game. It's first day is a bit slow, and I wish that there was a way to skip it between versions, because it is a bit tedious for seasoned players. But I suspect that's more of something that comes with the engine, and not something the developers can really fix.
Each time I come back to a new patch, I'm always eager to find out what they've implemented next, and while that can take some time, since there are a great many branching paths, and each might take quite a bit of time to find a fuller path. It's always great fun, however, and combined with the ability to add in plenty of new scenarios, some of which are headed by the writers themselves, you'll get a great many hours worth of content from this one game.
If you're new to the community, and like body swaps, gender swaps, and mental changes, I'd highly recommend this game, and would rate it a 10/10.
The author seems to have forgotten how to write games. There are no choices to make in this. You can hold down the control tab and just watch the sprites show up and go away. Most of the scenes take place in the same room. So all this is...is some guy talking to people.
As someone who has been played Student Transfer and its many fan based scenarios throughout the year i can say that this is one of the more interesting Ren'py Based games that i have read.
- Two types of transforming/body swapping items that change up the story in interesting ways
- The Paths in the main game itself so far are Brilliant but some do show some difference between them (Depending on the writer)
- The writing is really well done despite the differences of said writers working on different routes (Most notably Hall monitor Yui to Possession Yui paths)
- Does have good funny moments that are from classic tropes to stating an obvious flaw with a character but can be cliche
The Things that might make it better:
- Mice tea made a scene selection earlier on in its Ren'py game and it would save a lot of Back tracking if Student Transfer had such a thing
Scenarios i recommend reading:
- John,Interrupted! (Alternate route for the 'path under construction' Jane route)
-Osmathous... mistake (Great alternate fusion story for those who like the Book route)
- Remote Possibilities (Can get a bit messed in some paths but is a great read non-the-less
- Never V2 (Can get dark but it's a very well made Non-cannon Tori story)
- Escape the manor (A lot of routes but each route is fairly Short)
- The Festival (A Great well made Plot that really syncs together)
- Always check the Warranty (Fun short Scenario with very little Messed up paths but some route are Randomized)